Sunday, December 18, 2011

One week away

One week until Christmas.


One of my favorite days of the year. My son, who's now five, is really excited this year. I cannot wait to see his face lights up when he sees ALL the stuff we got this year. We did really well - stayed within budget and it's fun to play Santa. I never realized how much fun it would be. Now my daughter - doesn't really get it, isn't surprised, doesn't seem to react in anyway. Maybe at 27 months I already cannot impress her. She got a gift from her Great Aunt early yesterday and while she wasn't surprised and didn't open it - once it was out she sat playing with it for over 2 hours total yesterday.

Sometimes I wouldn't mind more of a reaction out of her. Although it makes those smiles and that look - hey you're my Momma - all the more special. Her Daddy and I cherish every one of them and are hopeful for the day when we know she understands us.

I plan on listening to Christmas carols, making yummy food, spending lots of fun times with the kids and making lots of fun memories with my kiddos.

I also plan on introducing my son to the basics of Hanukkah. Latkes - can't wait - and I got chocolate coins for DS. We'll see how much he gets. I am learning too so we'll both be beginners.


No comments:

Post a Comment