Saturday, December 10, 2011

Frightful weather


It was 12 degrees this morning when I woke up. It's now up to 17! Yep, winter is here! My husband and son will be leaving soon to have a nice Daddy-son morning. I hope they have lots of fun. It's hard when you have a child with Sensory Processing Disorder [ SPD ] to know how they will react to different things. One time something is fine the next he's screaming and you end up carrying\dragging him kicking and screaming and fighting [while yelling he hates you or something equally heart breaking] out of the store, library, school etc. He's usually my sweet lovable awesome kid and the next he hits and says mean things and uses potty words.

Then I find out the tag on his shirt was itchy and the sun was too shiny or the room smelled too much or was too loud or the lights buzzed.

I'm sure it's just as hard on him which makes it worse.

So I am praying my son and husband have fun and they have a good bonding experience. I will be at home with Missy who will attempt to 'help' me. She may not even pretend and just climb up the pantry or throw cans in the hallway to see if I'll trip. :P

1 comment:

  1. I hope they had a great time. I know how hard it can be.

    ReplyDelete