Thursday, September 22, 2011

Vanilla cupcakes

Picture added 10\23\11 - they were really yummy.


I modified this recipe. I decided on cupcakes for DD's birthday - half the recipe made 5 cupcakes so for a big family you may have to triple [or more] my recipe.

http://www.myvegancookbook.com/recipes/recipe.php?id=73




Preheat your oven to 350 and put cupcake papers in.


1 cup AP flour
1\2 cup sugar
1\4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1\4 tsp baking soda
1\2 cup vanilla rice milk
2 tbsp safflower oil
1\2 tsp white vinegar
1tsp vanilla

'Cream' oil and sugar together. Add the rest of the liquid ingredients. Mix. Add baking soda and powder, salt then stir the flour in until just mixed together. It will be lumpy. It will work out.

Bake for 20-25 minutes - rotate the pan half way through.

The batter tastes just as good as typical cupcake batter. I promise I'll add a photo later.

No comments:

Post a Comment