Saturday, September 17, 2011

First tastes of Fall





Homemade Alphabet soup

I used beef broth which my husband loved and instead of actual tomatoes, tomato paste so the boys wouldn't complain about tomato pieces. Alphabet noodles because my son loves alphabet soup in the can and the car noodles get too mushy.


Canadian style baked beans. Even after soaking them for about 18 hours or so they took a long time. Next time I think I might boil them after soaking them overnight before adding them to the crock pot with the goodies. I did not use bacon or ham and they still tasted amazing.




This is the first Pumpkin Puree of the season. I steamed the tiny pumpkin in a pot on the stove only took about 25 minutes. Usually I do hard squash in the crock pot and it takes about 3.5 hours. She doesn't like it plain or flavored like pumpkin pie [cinnamon and sugar added] but she loves it mixed with apple sauce.

2 comments:

  1. Yum I'm going to have to keep checking on your blog for recipes...everything looks delicious :) You should read my friend Kim's blog her Son also has tons of food allergies http://anthonysawesome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I need to get the recipes for the soup and baked beans written. Hopefully during the week while the boy is at school. I am learning how to put photos in my posts I was so proud of myself.

    ReplyDelete