Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012

The end of the year was really hard on my family. In the course of a week maybe ten days all four of us ended up in the ER. Three of us had pneumonia. Fun times! Thankfully we're all on the mend - the kids seem to be bouncing back quicker than my husband and I.

Christmas was nice. Although my poor baby girl was so sick she slept most of the day and didn't really care much about what was going on. She discovered her presents over the next two days. It was like Christmas came three times for her. My son declared this the best Christmas ever and has been playing with all his new things and having a great time.

New Years Eve was a quiet non-holiday. My husband was working and the kids were in bed. I didn't do anything special. Today we've all taken naps and Daddy and DS surprised me my cleaning up all the toys and then Daddy VACUUMED the whole house. How rare is that?! Happy New Year to Momma.

My son and I took down the tree and packed away the Christmas decorations. I did some dishes and made dinner. Tomorrow I have to clean out the pantry\fridge and write my monthly grocery list. I have a goal to be better organized this year and get more stuff done.

It's turning cold again after being so unseasonably warm. I hope it stays this way. We're so sick of rain! Good thing about the rain is the drought related water restrictions have been lifted. Not that they effected us much personally but I have been teaching my son about saving water, not wasting things like that.

He saw on TV how the Polar Bears don't have the ice they need and since the ice is gone the mother bears have to swim sometimes several dozen miles with their cubs to land. Sometimes the baby bears don't make it and drown. That our warming up world is killing off polar bears and animals who NEED winter and ice. It is pretty sad that something that's been around for millions of years we humans can destroy so quickly.

They have seen that polar bears and grizzle bears are mating. The downside is that the babies learn how to be bears from their mothers since Dad isn't around. So those bears become whatever bear the mother is. The downside being Polar bears are having to live like grizzles because the ice is gone and these mothers don't have those skills. They don't know to go look for salmon for example.

Thank you, PBS, we're smarter now.

So many people were so upset about 2011. As hard as some things were [DD developing epilepsy for example] I have too many 2011 memories of my children, husband, friends and family to turn my back on the whole year.

Hopefully 2012 will bring lots of wonderful new memories. I pray my children are happy and content and really health stuff aside that's what matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment