Saturday, November 26, 2011

Another level?


I love the sound of nebulizers in the morning...


Well no I don't. Right now my husband and son are sitting down having breathing treatments and watching a Christmas special from one of DS' favorite cartoons.

Last night I played Mickey's Christmas Carol. Thanksgiving is FINALLY out of the way so now the Christmas Season can begin. Weee! I love Christmas. Making memories with my children. I also can't wait for the first real snow so I can take the kids outside to play in it. Very fun.

I was actually looking forward to a food based holiday. Usually I don't because it's so much pressure for my food refuser [DS] and so difficult for me to find safe foods for Allergy Girl. A couple weeks ago DD began having feeding issues when it comes to her solids - gagging, watering eyes, clearing her throat, wheezing after meals etc. I tried to help her - with what I've learn from feeding therapy - but it didn't help. I made an appointment with the feeding team and her regular appoint with the GI is the same week. Yet that's still 3 weeks away. So I called - worried about her safety.

She was taken off solids. The child who actually likes to and wants to eat was taken off solids. Kick in the stomach. Thankfully that only lasted a day and she was allowed back on baby food - GI says semi-solid - but yeah baby food. At first she wouldn't go for it. Then she was bringing me a container of pear puree from the pantry.

We'll see how things go. We will see the ENT [to check her palate, adenoids, tonsils], feeding team and GI. They will probably order a feeding evaluation. That's when they mix this stuff into different thicknesses of food\liquids and watch on this video X-Ray -- to see how she handles it. If she's aspirating, if her food or vomit is penetrating anything it shouldn't be. I am hoping there won't be any needed surgery [adenoid\tonsil removal, palate repair] or another scope - both of which would require sedation.

She's always handled sedation really well but yeah Momma worries.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, poor baby! I am sorry y'all are having to deal with all the food issues. Hopefully you'll get some answers and find a good balance.

    ReplyDelete