Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Summer winding down


I have been enjoying the last few weeks of summer with my family. Sure summer doesn't officially end until mid September but school starts next week. We done some fun things including going on a picnic with friends.

The heat has finally lifted so we were able to enjoy some hot meals like spaghetti - first my son rejected sauce and now noodles. He did however try meatloaf this week. My husband said it was my best meatloaf yet - full of veggies so I felt good feeding it to him. My son was not impressed.Although he was optimistic about trying it which is nice.This morning we discovered yogurt in a tube is awesome.

Next week I get to get back into making breakfast every day and having fun school snacks made and packed every morning. We've met his teacher [same as last year] and Pre-K 4 should be lots of fun. He'll be one of the 'big' kids this year. He'll also be joined by one of his best friends who's starting school. Miss fussy boots will be here with me for another couple of years. One of the perks of having fall babies - you get an extra year home with them. Wub.

Today as part of dinner we had Super Fries. Oven baked fries topped with bacon bits, minced onion, shredded Cheddar cheese while the fries are hot so the cheese melts and then some sour cream. I always salt and pepper my fries before building. You can also use green onion instead but I like them on top with the sour cream cold not warmed up by the hot fries. Yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment