Sunday, July 8, 2012

The heat wave broke

It's over! It was actually in the 70s most of the day. Yesterday we got "rain" but it was more like a few drops. Just enough to bring my wash from drying outside and then it stopped. Of course. Today we got thunder and rumbles but no rain. Our plants and grass are dying and I think we'll be in a drought soon enough if we aren't already.

My poor baby girl is having a rough go of it. We meet the Neurologist Thursday to figure out what the heck we are supposed to do.

She is on the list to be measured for her first stroller-wheelchair at the end of the month. It will be easier than when she's more floppy than normal [she's low tone but much worse after seizures sometimes cannot even hold up her head] to not have to carry her. With my arthritis I cannot carry a 27 pound child all over let alone the huge hospital. I swear we walk miles.

Today was a good day. DD said a bunch of words: blanket, ball, blocks, uto [Pluto], star, apple, eat, and tree. A Good day. She loves flash cards. Most kids don't but she loves them so I think we have eight different sets now. She also worked on puzzles with Daddy. She also seems to be into motorcycles Vroom!!!

My son is being five - one second awesome the next second grumpy. I am so happy we'll get to go outside and play. Run off lots of energy. He's been making up words sounding them out and asking me if they are words. He discovered he could make fox and then  box he was very proud of himself. Then he made 'zurk' and asked me if it was a real word. He sounded out the letters correctly so I had to tell him it's not English but maybe it's Klingon or Romulan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment